Great Panther Silver (NYSE-Amex: GPL; TSX: GPR) reported 4th quarter production of 545,294 silver equivalent ounces, an increase of 13% over the 3rd quarter. For the year ended December 31, 2011, metal production totaled 2,200,013 silver equivalent ounces, in line with October’s revised production guidance.
Below are fourth quarter highlights:
- Metal production of 545,294 Ag eq oz, up 13% from previous quarter;
- Silver production of 354,754 ounces (“Ag oz”), up 3% from previous quarter;
- Gold production of 2,281 ounces (“Au oz”), up 53% from previous quarter; and
- Ore grades improved at Guanajuato, to 235g/t Ag and 2.12g/t Au, in November and December, the highest since September, 2010.
Below are highlights for fiscal 2011:
- Achieved revised metal production target of 2.2 million Ag eq oz (down 2%);
- Silver production of 1,495,371 oz (down 3%);
- Record gold production of 8,015 oz (up 11%);
- Record silver production at Topia of 535,881 oz (up 4%);
- Record gold production at Guanajuato of 7,515 oz (up 14%); and
- Record metallurgical recoveries at Guanajuato of 88.5% for Ag and 90.7% for Au (up 1% and 2%, respectively).